Paper writing seems like a major obstacle to many students. A paper can over your head like a dark clod that appears to get bigger the longer you postpone starting. But writing papers can be one of the most absorbing ways to learn about a subject in depth. Many students, once they’ve mastered the techniques, find they’d rather write papers as a form of learning than take exams.
The techniques of writing a good paper are easy to follow. You should remember two important aspects that lead to success. First, start working early on the paper. Second, if you have a choice, choose a subject that you are interested in, or that you can develop an interest in.
Much of your work in college involves absorbing knowledge; when it comes to writing papers, you have the opportunity to put down on paper what you’ve learned about a subject, and perhaps your opinions and conclusions on the subject.
Writing is an important form of communication. To communicate well you must have something you really want to say. So if you have a choice of topics, choose one that interests you. If it isn’t one that everyone else is
writing on, all the better. If you’re not sure about your choice of topic, do a little research to see what’s involves in several topics before you make a final decision. Remember the caution about allowing yourself enough time? Here’s where it comes into play. Take enough time to choose a topic carefully.
Are you worried that your ideas are not important enough to express in a paper? Each individual has his or her own ideas to express. If you’re willing to develop and support your opinion, it will be worth reading. How you interpret an idea is just as important as how anyone else interprets it, and perhaps your own ideas can cast new light on some parts of a broad topic.
56.The author mentions“a dark cloud”in Paragraph 1 in order to show that _. 57.When asked about the better form of learning， many students who have learned how to write a paper would like to instead of taking tests.
58. Paper writing will help you absorb knowledge because you can write down _ .
59. What kind of topic should you choose if you have too many topics？ .
60. According to the passage，when will your idea be worth reading？
61. Had I studied educational psychology, _（我昨天就知道怎样吸引学生注意力了）. 62.The spring promotion proved successful__ （因为本年度销售量增加了 10%）. 63.Because he was not aware of （养成好习惯的重要性）, John didn’t listen to his parents at all.
64. Every day the dog sat at the gate, _ _（等着主人回家）.
65. _（既然我们是在管理这个项目）, we have to check every detail of your report.
66)In industrialized countries，people are highly dependent on petroleum fuel. Economists, conservationists, and political leaders constantly warn us about this dependence. They encourage us to drive less, turn down our heat, and turn off lights. Yet, it is hard to change our ways. 67)We take our modern conveniences so much for granted; it would be difficult to imagine ourselves returning to an earlier way of life.
68) Without gas and electricity, in particular, a person’s daily routine would be considerably different. Each winter morning, it would be necessary to build a fire in the fireplace or wood stove; this would warm the house. In the summer, it would be necessary to bring the bedding in from the porch, or wherever people slept to keep cool. There would, of course, be on fans or air conditioners. Breakfast would be cooked over a fire. Water for shaving and for washing dishes would have to be heated. All of this would take a lot of time.
69) A person would travel to school or work by bicycle, by horse, or on foot. It would be convenient to live near the school or place of work; there would certainly be no long-distance commuters! At school or at the office, there would be no copy machines, no computers, and no coffee makers. On dark days, lamps that burn animal oil would provide light. Lunches would be brought from home.
Preparing supper would take up a lot of time in the late afternoon or early evening. Dairy products and meat would have to be bought daily. School work would be done by the light of an oil lamp. Bathwater would have to be
heated and bedtime would come early. On the whole, life would be simpler because people would try to do less. It would be impossible to go to five different places in one day! Life would be harder, too. 70)People would suffer more from the heat and cold. Food preparation would take more work. All the modern conveniences that make life easier would be missing; that is an awesome thought!
71.下面，请你以 A Hero in My Eyes 为题，按照以下中文大纲在 30 分钟内完成 120 字左右的作文。